I did a split test of 200 locations with posts and 200 without. The engagement on posts was minimal, but locations with posts had measurable improvement in clicks on directions and phone calls.
Google has not explicitly stated that GMB posts are a ranking factor, but there is evidence to suggest that they can have a positive impact on your local search rankings.
For example, a study by Moz found that businesses with more GMB posts tend to rank higher in local search results.
As for me, I handle at least 70-100 clients and sometimes all the time. I’m always testing different things to get the maximum results.
We post a minimum of 10 times a month to 30 posts per month.
And yes, focusing the keywords in the gmb posts really helps. Even I found it’s doing better if you use the questions in the GMB posts. People search the questions and they get direct answers from your GMB posts. It works.
What are Google Posts?
A Google My Business post is a type of social media update that can be published on your Google My Business profile.
Google My Business posts allow you to connect with your audience when they’re online, including the business hours you’re open, details about your events, special offers, and more.
When optimized, your Google My Business profile shows up in search and maps. Regularly creating quality Google, My Business Posts helps with your rankings on Google.
GMB posts alone may not help with ranking.
You’d likely also need to be updating products and services, ensuring your content matches the search intent, getting lots of reviews, and adding fresh, original photo content.
Is Google My Business Still Relevant?
More so than ever before. Google search has become incredibly local in nature for many searches.
While you don’t have to use the post functions, there’s some evidence that those that do so see a little lift. It’s also a good way to stand out. You take up more real estate in the search results when your post shows up along with your business listing.
Reviews are also very important these days. Put plenty of effort into getting reviews on both Google and Facebook (Google also factors Facebook reviews into rankings) and Yelp to a lesser degree. Make sure to respond to all reviews too. A simple thanks to the person can help build that relationship and make them more likely to recommend you. If it’s a negative review, address it. People like to see that a business is willing to try to fix things when they’re not right or at least address it in some way.
I’d recommend going through each section in GMB (each of the tabs on the left) and making sure everything is filled out as completely as possible. The more you can give Google about your business, the better. Then every month or so I’d go back in and make sure your info like address and other contact stuff is right as people often submit corrections that are wrong.
How To Use Google Posts
Step 1: Access Your Business Posts on Google My Business
To get started, log in to your Google My Business account and navigate to the Posts section. This can be found by accessing your Business Profile and clicking the designated “Posts” tab. Once there, you’ll have full access to create, manage, and analyze your engaging business updates.
Step 2: Craft Your Post
Fill in the details of your post, including a picture (344px x 344px required). Unleash your creativity and share your message with the world!
Step 3: Empower Action with a CTA
Direct your audience to the next step with a powerful call to action (CTA). You can either fuel engagement by linking to a specific URL, like a landing page or product offering, or spark excitement with an event registration.
Choosing the right Call to Action (CTA)
Always include a call to action button when posting. The action button you choose will vary depending on the type of post you create. Here are some of the current options:
● Order online
● Learn more
● Sign Up
● Call Now
Step 4: Publish Your Google Post
Hit publish and share your message with the world! Your Google Post will be prominently displayed in both search and map results, ensuring maximum visibility and engagement.
Elevate your Google My Business presence with engaging Google Posts. Share exciting updates, special offers, captivating blog content, and more directly with your customers.
Whether it’s a tantalizing daily special, a hot new product launch, an upcoming event, or your latest blog post, captivating Google Posts are a powerful way to connect with your audience and boost your online visibility.
This free feature helps you not only inform your customers but also build stronger relationships, driving engagement and loyalty.
So, unleash the potential of Google My Business and start sharing valuable content with your customers today!
Benefits of Optimizing Google My Business Profile:
- Increased visibility: By optimizing your Google Business Profile, you can increase your chances of appearing in the top three listings for relevant search queries, which can significantly increase your visibility and attract more customers.
- Improved search rankings: Optimizing your Google Business Profile can also help to improve your overall search rankings, making it easier for customers to find your business online.
- Increased trust and credibility: A well-optimized Google Business Profile with positive customer reviews and ratings can help to build trust and credibility with potential customers, making them more likely to choose your business over competitors.
- Better customer engagement: By regularly posting updates and responding to customer reviews, you can improve your customer engagement and build stronger relationships with your audience.
- Increased website traffic and sales: A well-optimized Google Business Profile can drive more website traffic and foot traffic to your business, leading to increased sales and #revenue.
- Competitive advantage: By optimizing your Google Business Profile, you can gain a competitive advantage over businesses that have not yet optimized their profiles, making it easier to stand out in a crowded marketplace.
Consider desktop & mobile devices
While Google My Business posts can be up to 1,500 characters long, it’s best to keep them under 500 for optimal mobile viewing. This is because the full content of a post shows on desktops, but it gets truncated on mobile devices.
Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Start with the most important information: Since mobile users might only see the beginning of your post, put the key message at the forefront.
- Skip the hashtags: Hashtags won’t impact your Google My Business SEO or search rankings, so it’s best to leave them out.
Don’t just limit your Google My Business presence to basic information like hours and location. Google Posts offer a powerful way to showcase your latest offerings, promotions, and events directly within the search engine results sidebar.
Contact our team if you’re not sure how to create a post or what to post about. We have extensive experience optimizing Google My Business accounts and can develop a great strategy for consistent, traffic-driving posts.